The Night Hawk Junior High football team opened their season with a tough 36-24 loss to Beach on Aug. 29.
The Night Hawk Junior High football team opened their season with a tough 36-24 loss to Beach on Aug. 29. Coach Dave Erickson provided me the following info; “Jaran Anderson scored 3 TD’s and Conner Andress scored 1 TD. Currently we have 14 players – only 5 are 8th graders – so the young kids played well for their first organized game.”
9-Man Football Poll as of Aug. 31.
1. Thompson (13) 2-0 69
2. Shiloh Christian (1) 2-0 52
3. Cavalier 2-0 33
4. North Prairie 2-0 19
5. Mott-Regent 2-0 18
Others Receiving Votes: Napoleon/Gackle-Streeter (2-0), TGU (2-0), Richardton-Taylor-Hebron (2-0), St. John (1-1).
Region 5 football scores from Sept. 2: New Salem-Glen Ullin 54, Richardton-TH 30; Bowman Co. 32, Beach 30; Mott-Regent 64, Grant Co. 34.
The Night Hawk volleyball team downed Grant County on Sept. 1 by scores of 25-14, 25-19 and 25-15. Alyssa Andress and Molly Holt led in kills with 9 and 8 respectively while Tayler Burwick and Calli Anderson led in assists with 13 and 12 respectively. This brings their overall record to 2-0, not counting tournament matches. The JV and C squads also won their matches.
The latest cross country poll is out and Bowman Co. is rated #2. Class B Girls Team: 1, Hillsboro-Central Valley. 2, Bowman County. 3, Rugby. 4, Killdeer. 5, Southern McLean. It looks like the New Town boys are on their way to their 11th state title in the last 13 years as they have six of the top ten runners in the latest individual poll.
Sports schedule for the coming week is as follows:
– Sept. 8, Varsity Volleyball at Beulah
– Sept. 9, JH Volleyball at Harding Co.
– Sept. 9, Varsity Football vs Beach at Hettinger (Home Coming)
– Sept. 10, JH Football Jamboree at Bowman
– Sept. 10, Varsity Volleyball at Central Cass Tourney
– Sept. 10, JH Volleyball Triangular at Reeder (Bowman & New England)
– Sept. 10, C Squad Volleyball Tournament at Bowman
– Sept. 10, Cross Country Meet at Mandan
– Sept. 12, JH/JV Football vs Richardton-Taylor at Scranton
– Sept. 12, JH Volleyball at New England
– Sept. 12, Cross Country Meet at Watford City
– Sept. 13, Elementary Girls Basketball vs Mott-Regent at Hettinger
– Sept. 13, Varsity Volleyball vs Harding Co. at Scranton
– Sept. 13, JH Volleyball at Mott-Regent
– Sept. 15, Varsity Volleyball vs Heart River at Scranton
– Sept. 15, Elementary Girls Basketball at New England
– Sept. 16, Varsity Football vs Grant County at Flasher
See you at the games.
Sheldon Christenson is a Hettinger resident and covers Night Hawks sports for the Adams County Record.