Head Track Coach Kelly Pierce informed me that he left out Sidra Sadowsky’s state track performance in the mile. “She ran a great race, finishing in 15th place. She ran a personal best 5:38.40. As an eighth grader, Sidra made huge strides this season as a distance runner and next season she could become a force in the mile in the state of North Dakota. I am super proud of her effort and know that it is just a start to what she will accomplish as a Night Hawk.”
Sara Dschaak is in charge of the summer recreation program again. She informed me that Amanda Kari is the Coach Pitch and Little League coach with Carson Schalesky as her assistant. Tayler Burwick and Brianna Robinson are coaching the girl’s softball.
Good numbers for this season as Little League has 21 practicing and Coach Pitch has 18. The numbers are really up for girl’s softball as they have 35-36 out in the 7-13 age range. Not enough girls out for the older girl’s league.
Nolan Dix is having his hands full this year as he is coaching both the Legion and Babe Ruth teams with the help of Rob Warbis.
Park River/Fordville-Lankin won its first North Dakota High School Activities Association Class B baseball state championship on Saturday, June 3 at Jack Brown Stadium. The Aggies defeated defending Class B state champion Thompson 8-4 in the championship game. Region 8 representative Shiloh lost their opening game to Kindred-Richland 5-1, defeated Glenburn-Kenmare 7-6 and then lost to Minot Ryan 13-12 in consolation game.
Sports schedule for the coming week is as follows:
– Jun 7-10, Girls Basketball Camp at Denver
– Jun 8, Coach Pitch and Little League at Bowman
– Jun 8, Legion Baseball at Shiloh
– Jun 12 Legion Baseball at Dickinson
– Jun 12-13, Boys Basketball Camp at Scranton
– Jun 12, Girls Softball Hettinger at Baker
– Jun 13, Little League vs Lemmon at Hettinger
– Jun 13, Coach Pitch vs Baker at Hettinger
– Jun 14, Babe Ruth Baseball at Lemmon
– Jun 14, Girls Softball Bowman at Hettinger
– Jun 15, Legion Baseball at Mandan
– Jun 16-17, Babe Ruth Tourney in Hettinger
– Jun 17-18, Boys Basketball Team Camp at Dickinson State
See you at the games.