No close games last week in Region 5 football as Shiloh downed Central McLean 52-8; Mott-Regent/New England over Richardton-Taylor 48-12; and New Salem/Glen Ullin defeating Beach 46-16. Both Beach and Central McLean were previously undefeated with 3-0 records.
For the Record
Hettinger-Scranton defeated Beulah on Sept. 7 in three sets, 25-19, 25-9, 25-21. Molly Holt led the Night Hawks in kills with nine, Abbie Kludt had two blocks, Carolyn Schultz had 14 digs and Callie Anderson added 17 assists. The C squad lost two out of three while the junior varsity won.
Reba Resner informed me that the C squad finished last in pool play in the Sept. 9 Bowman volleyball tourney. But they did win one set from Trinity, Mott and Lemmon! She added, “It was a great learning experience and we grew and improved through the day!”
The Night Hawk Varsity volleyball team took their annual trip to Casselton for the “Volley in the Valley” tournament. They finished fourth in the Silver Division falling to Park River/Fordville Lankin, 22-25, 26-24, 15-11. Central Cass was the overall winner defeating Milnor, 25-11, 25-11 in the Gold Division Championship match.
New Town again looks to be the favorite in boys Class B cross country as they finished first in the Cross Country Kiwanis meet at Mandan. They had the top three runners in 1. Jalen Chase, 16:06.36 (5K), 2. Jaiven Hale, 16:21.45 and 3. Robert White, 16:22.30. 29. Andrew Miller was the highest finisher for Bowman Co. finishing 29th at 17:43.35, and Cale Schalesky was the top Night Hawk finisher at 65th, 19:33.39. 66. There were 23 teams involved with Bismarck Legacy finishing in second place, Bowman Co. finished eighth and the Night Hawks 20th.
The third poll for North Dakota’s 9-man division were released Wednesday, Sept. 6.
1. Cavalier (12) 3-0 74
2. Shiloh Christian (3) 3-0 58
3. Wyndmere-Lidgerwood (1) 3-0 51
4. Thompson 2-1 30
5. North Prairie 3-0 17
Others Receiving Votes: New Salem-Glen Ullin (3-0), Divide County (3-0), Linton-HMB (3-0), Napoleon/Gackle-Streeter (3-0). Note: First Place Votes in parentheses.
I was incorrect last week when I wrote that Bowman County’s football win over Trinity was their first game back in 11-man. It was actually their second game as the defeated New Town in their opening game. Bowman did lose to a very good Killdeer team last Friday by a score of 24-14.
The Hettinger-Scranton elementary football team won their last two games. They defeated New England 14-7 and Heart River 8-6.
Sports schedule for the coming week is as follows:
– Sep 14, Girls Elementary BB vs New England at Scranton
– Sep 14, Varsity Volleyball at Belfield
– Sep 15, Varsity Football at Mott-Regent
– Sep 16, Elementary Football at Bowman
– Sep 16, JV Volleyball Tourney at Richardton
– Sep 16, JH Volleyball vs Bowman & Harding Co. at Bowman
– Sep 16, Cross Country at Bismarck
– Sep 19, JH/JV Football vs Mott-Regent at Scranton
– Sep 19, Girls Elementary BB at Lemmon
– Sep 19, Varsity Volleyball vs Bison at Hettinger
– Sep 21, Elementary Football at Killdeer
– Sep 22, Varsity Volleyball at Dickinson Tourney
– Sep 22, Varsity Football vs Shiloh at Hettinger
– Sep 23, JH Volleyball at Bowman Tourney
– Sep 23, JH Football Jamboree at Lemmon
– Sep 23, Varsity Volleyball at Dickinson Tourney
See you at the games.