The Night Hawk Wrestling Classic is scheduled for Jan. 4-5. Some of the teams involved are Baker, Bowman Co., Broadus, New Salem-Almont, Kenmare, Killdeer, Miles City, Lemmon, Linton/HMB, Cheyenne-Eagle Butte and defending champs Moorcroft.
for The Record
The Night Hawk boys basketball team had a rough time in the Mandan Holiday Tournament as they lost to Flasher 66-39, Bottineau 62-53, and Grant Co. 52-46. Shiloh won the tournament with a 65-40 win over New Salem/Almont.
New Salem/Almont looks like a strong contender for the 2019 ND State Class B wrestling title as they finished ninth in the tough Rumble On The Red Tournament with only five wrestlers.Four of their wrestlers placed with a 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th. Night Hawk Kyle Burwick took the championship at 126. He probably had his toughest match of the season in the semi-finals as won 1-0 over Mitchel Peterson ofByron, MN. There were 56 teams in the tourney.
I Hope everyone had a great New Years.
Sports schedule for the coming week is as follows:
– Jan 4-5, Night Hawk Wrestling Tourney
– Jan 7, Varsity Girls BB at Killdeer
– Jan8, Varsity Boys BB at Beulah
– Jan 8, Night Hawk Wrestling Quad at Hettinger
– Jan 10, Varsity Girls BB at Richardton-Taylor
– Jan 11-12, Varsity Wrestling at Miles City
– Jan 12, Varsity Girls & Boys BB vs Bison at Hettinger
See you at the games.