The Chamber Comm(you)nity
It’s that time of year again! The weather is bitterly cold, the groundhog has spoken, and Chamber memberships are rolling in. We’re excited about the involvement of so many local businesses, organizations, and individuals in our Chamber, and we are looking forward to another groundbreaking year!
This year, the Chamber is looking forward to being more radically inclusive of our community members. For families with young children, we have planned the Kids Corner so parents of young children can attend our Annual Chamber Banquet on February 23rd. The Chamber has created a youth membership option, in which young people interested in being involved in the community can become members for just $10. We have created Lunch and Learn events to connect community members with resources and skills to help them grow their businesses or organizations in 30-minute sessions, lunch included, catering to those with tight schedules. The Chamber has also worked collaboratively with the Dakota Prairie Enrichment Center and the Adams County Development Corporation to build a new Reeder website, a vital tool for building Reeder’s community and economy.
We’ve also worked harder this year communicating to the community our value, via hettingernd.com, our social media pages, our media outreach, and our annual report. We want our community members to know and understand not just what we’re doing, but why it benefits them. If you’re curious about the Chamber, inspired by all that we have achieved in 2019 or looking for new ways to love the place you live, we encourage you sign up as a member. With a Chamber membership, you get benefits exclusive to Chamber members:
1. Chamber member businesses are listed on the rTown app, Chamber Bucks listing, & on hettingernd.com. In addition, we at the Community Promotions Office and Chamber will always refer Chamber members first in response to any inquiries regarding services or businesses in our region.
2. Thousands of Chamber Bucks circulate through the community each year to keep businesses here, and they are redeemable only at Chamber member businesses.
3. The Chamber Perks Program allows Chamber businesses to advertise deals and discounts exclusively to Perks Card holders through hettingernd.com and the rTown App,incentivizing community members to spend with you. This program is based on similar programs across the nation that are known for boosting traffic and driving sales.
4. Chamber members also receive a Chamber member decal to display.
5. From Chamber socials and Lunch and Learns to community-wide events, the Chamber provides events for members to network and develop relationships in the community and region.
6. The Chamber is eager to help our members develop themselves personally and professionally. Members can attend Chamber-sponsored professional development events such Lunch & Learns and conferences for discounted rates.
7. Youth Chamber members have the opportunity to attend meetings, volunteer to help with events, and learn about the importance of community involvement, civic engagement, and supporting local businesses. In addition, youth memberships look great on scholarships applications and resumes.
8. Finally, Chamber members receive free advertising upon request on the rTown app, Hettinger ND social media pages, and on hettingernd.com.
The most important component of the Chamber is you. If you’re interested in learning more about Chamber membership, would like a copy of our annual report, or have additional ideas about how we can be more inclusive and supportive of our community, please contact us at 701-567-2531 or firstname.lastname@example.org.