The Night Hawks elementary upped their record to 2-0 with a win over Belfield.
For the Record
Coach Kortney Kindsfater commented on the game; “Last night was a hard fought 20-14 victory for our young Nighthawks. Heart River is a good team and a big team. They have a decent size advantage as well as more players to rotate thru. Our young Nighthawks played both sides of the ball basically for 4 quarters plus overtime and definitely had to earn this victory. I believe we will see Heart River again in the playoffs. They were definitely a worthy opponent to say the least. Thank you Heart River for a clean and fun game, thank you Ryan Roller of the officiating crew for a good job, and congrats again to the young Nighthawks! Yesterday was Casey’s Birthday and all he wanted was a victory….Happy Birthday Casey!”
The Night Hawk volleyball team did well at the Killdeer Mountain Volleyball Tournament as they went 4-1 and finished in second place. Their wins were Mott-Regent 21-12, 21-8, Underwood 21-14, 21-17, Heart River 21-17, 21-12, and Killdeer 25-20, 25-17. Their lone loss was to Heart River 19-25, 26-24, 15-13.
After upsetting Napoleon last week, Grant County-Flasher absorbed a loss to Beach, 28-12. Beach was only leading 8-6 after three quarters but broke the game open in the final quarter by scoring 20 points. Tyson Mattern 25-193 rushing and one TD and Gage Swanson 21-159 rushing and two TDs led Beach.
VALLEY CITY, N.D. – The latest North Dakota 9-man high school football poll was released Wednesday, August 28. The polls are voted on by members of the North Dakota Associated Press Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.
1. New Rockford-Sheyenne (13) 1-0 69
2. Cavalier (1) 1-0 48
3. Richland 0-0 40
4. Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood 1-0 16
5. St. John 1-0 10
Others Receiving Votes: Grant County-Flasher (1-0), Kidder County (1-0), May-Port-CG (1-0), Ray/Powers Lake (0-1). Note: First Place Votes in parentheses.
At the Bowman County Invite Cross Country meet on August 29 Sidra Sadowsky finished 6th in the varsity 5000 meter run with a time of 21:31.74. The winning time was 19:08.93. The Night Hawk JV team finished third in the women’s 3000 meter run. Running for the Night Hawks were Cassie Kindsfater, Kelly Schauer, Sienna Burwick, Sadowsky, Sam Salazar and Julia Daley. In the men’s varsity 5000 meter run Mitchell Dalley finished 33rd. Running in the men’s JV 3000 meter run were Trevor Dalley, Riley Hasbrouck and Kyler Schalesky.
Sports schedule for the coming week is as follows:
– Sep 5, Varsity Volleyball vs Grant Co. at Hettinger
– Sep 5, JH Volleyball vs Harding Co. at Reeder
– Sep 5, Elementary Football at New England
– Sep 6, Varsity Football vs Lemmon at Hettinger
– Sep 7, JH Volleyball at Mott
– Sep 9, JH & JV Football at Beach
– Sep 10, Varsity Volleyball at Faith
– Sep 12, Elementary Football vs Baker at Scranton
– Sep 12, Varsity Volleyball vs Beulah at Hettinger
– Sep 12, Girls Elementary Basketball at New England
– Sep 13, Varsity Football vs Grant Co. at Hettinger
– Sep 14, Varsity Volleyball Tourney at Central Cass
– Sep 14, C Squad Volleyball Tourney at Bowman
– Sep 14, JH Volleyball Triangular vs Bowman & New England at Reeder
See you at the games.