Elementary Night Hawks football team remains undefeated with a 20-6 win over New England on September 5.
For the Record
The Mary College Marauders cross country team has back-to-back national meet runner-up trophies. They accomplished this with mostly local runners. One of them is Taylor Hestekin from Scranton who earned D-II All-American honors as a freshman. Bowman’s Lacey Feist also runs for Mary College.
The Lemmon Cowboys toppled the Night Hawks 48-0 on September 6 at Hettinger. The Cowboys opened early in the first quarter on a 69 TD pass from junior Cody Thompson to senior Alec O’Donnell. The Cowboys would total six TDs in the first half to take a 42-0 lead at half time. The second half was continuous clock. Thompson would pass for 271 yards and O’Donnell caught six passes for 188 yards and three TDs. Turnovers hurt the Night Hawks as they fumbled five times and had one pass intercepted.
Jacob Svihovec totaled 386 yards of offense rushing for 260 yards and passing for another 126 yards as the Bowman Co. Bulldogs scorched the Trinity Titans, 35-7.
VALLEY CITY, N.D. – The latest North Dakota 9-man football poll was released on September 4. The polls are voted on by members of the North Dakota Associated Press Sportscasters and Sportswriters Association.
1. New Rockford-Sheyenne (15) 2-0 75
2. Cavalier 2-0 56
3. May-Port-CG 2-0 29
4. St. John 2-0 23
5. LaMoure-LM 2-0 13
Others Receiving Votes: Beach (2-0), Linton-HMB (2-0), Central McLean (2-0), Kidder County (1-0), Mohall-Lansford-Sherwood (1-1), Dunseith (1-1). Note: First Place Votes in parentheses.
VALLEY CITY, N.D. – The latest North Dakota High School Boys and Girls Cross Country Coaches Poll has been released, as of Sept. 4. Thirty one coaches voted in this week’s poll. Class B Boys Team: 1, New Town. 2, Bowman County. 3, Griggs County Central. 4, Hillsboro/Central Valley. 5, Rugby. Others Receiving Votes: Thompson. In the Class B Boys Individual poll, Brian Miller of Bowman County, was ranked #7.
Class B Girls Team: 1, Rugby. 2, Hillsboro/Central Valley. 3, Bowman County. 4, Kindred. 5, Grafton. Others Receiving Votes: New Town. In the Class B Girls Individual poll Jaci Fischer of Bowman County was ranked #10.
According to Coach Dave Erickson in a good team effort the JH football team defeated Mott/Regent/New England, 18-12. They go to Beach on Sept. 9 and the Bowman Jamboree on Sept. 14. According to Coach Jason LeFebre the JV also won 34-0. They played very well.
Sports schedule for the coming week is as follows:
– Sep 12, Elementary Football vs Baker at Scranton
– Sep 12, Varsity Volleyball vs Beulah at Hettinger
– Sep 12, Girls Elementary Basketball at New England
– Sep 13, Varsity Football vs Grant Co. at Hettinger
– Sep 14, Varsity Volleyball Tourney at Central Cass
– Sep 14, C Squad Volleyball Tourney at Bowman
– Sep 14, JH Volleyball Triangular vs Bowman & New England at Reeder
– Sep 14, JH Football Jamboree at Bowman
– Sep 16, JH & JV Football Jamboree at Mott-Regent
– Sep 16, JH Volleyball at New England
– Sep 17, Girls Elementary Basketball vs Mott-Regent at Hettinger
– Sep 17, Varsity Volleyball at Harding Co.
– Sep 19, Girls Elementary Basketball vs New England at Scranton
– Sep 19, Elementary Football vs Bowman at Hettinger
– Sep 19, Varsity Volleyball at South Heart
– Sep 20, Varsity Football vs Strasburg-Zeeland
– Sep 21, JH Football Jamboree at Hettinger
– Sep 21, JH Volleyball Triangular vs Bowman & Harding Co. at Bowman
– Sep 21, JV Volleyball Tourney at Richardton
See you at the games.