Hettinger-Scranton’s volleyball team downed Bison in three sets, 25-11, 25-12 and 25-8, on September 24. Leading the Night Hawks in kills were Alyssa Andress with 10 and Sam Oase had 8. Talia Carter added 23 assist. They then went on to finish third in the Silver division at the Dickinson Tournament, Sept. 27-28. They have an important region game with New England on October 3.
For the Record
Head Beulah Volleyball Coach Brian Filibeck put out the latest Region 7 Volleyball Coaches Poll Top 5 as of September 26. No changes from last week.
1 Bowman Country
4 Heart River
Congratulations to the 7th grade girls volleyball team as they took first place in the 7th grade tourney at Bowman on September 28.
The Night Hawk football team lost to South Border, 30-14, on September 27. The Night Hawks held a 14-6 lead after the first quarter on a 51 yard touchdown run by Jeran Anderson and a 10 yard TD run by Ty Warbis. They would not score again. Night Hawk Connor Andress was busy on the defensive side with ten tackles, four solo and 12 assists. South Border had 386 total yards and the Night Hawks totaled 249. The Night Hawks region record dropped to 0-5 and South Border improved to 3-3. Linton improved to 5-0 in the region with a 28-8 win over Beach and are now the only undefeated team in Region 4.
The JH football team lost to Grant Co. 26 to 14 on September 23. The JH lost 16-0 and JV lost 20-6 to Mott-Regent on September 30.
I was checking the number of North Dakotans on the NDSU and Dickinson State football rosters. NDSU has a roster of 103 with 16 from ND, not counting redshirt players. Also not counting redshirt players DSU has 75 on their roster with 24 from ND including Night Hawk Isaiah Kludt.
Each Friday NDHSAA Media Specialist Tom Mix posts several NDHSAA Fun Facts on the NDHSAA NOW site. Here a few that he listed:
• Central Cass defeated Watford City 26-12 in the 1980 NDHSAA Class B football state championship game.
• Hope defeated Linton 26-14 in the 1981 NDHSAA 9-man football state championship game.
• Hillsboro has won two NDHSAA Class B volleyball state championships (2000 and 2006).
• Thompson has won five NDHSAA Class B volleyball state championships (1997, 1998, 2004, 2005 and 2018).
Sports schedule for the coming week is as follows:
– Oct 3, Varsity Volleyball vs New England at Hettinger
– Oct 3, Girls Elementary Basketball at Harding Co.
– Oct 4, Varsity Football vs Kidder Co. at Steele
– Oct 5, JH Volleyball Tourney at Heart River
– Oct 5, C Squad Volleyball Tourney at Hettinger
– Oct 7, JH Volleyball vs Heart River at Reeder
– Oct 8, Varsity Volleyball vs Beach at Scranton
– Oct 8, Girls Elementary Basketball vs Lemmon at Hettinger
– Oct 10, Varsity Volleyball vs Glen Ullin-Hebron at Hettinger
– Oct 10, Girls Elementary Basketball at Mott-Regent
– Oct 11, Varsity Football vs Linton at Hettinger
– Oct 12, Girls Elementary Basketball Tourney at Lemmon
– Oct 12, JV Volleyball Tourney at Hazen
See you at the games.