Women and War

Today, women everywhere can pursue whatever they want when it comes to their career. Our world, in the aspect of women’s rights, has come a very long way since the…

Hettinger’s First Ambulance

Seth Folske Student Report On June 4, 1969, Hettinger got its first ambulance to help make the hospital more efficient and provide support to rural individuals. The Hettinger Hospital purchased…

Even More Fires

Christian Colgrove Student Report North Dakota seems to have a colossal problem with fires. Of course, every state is going to have this problem, but they are much more impactful…

Updated Breakfast Club

Photo taken from Hettinger Yearbook Many people recognize the movie, The Breakfast Club, as a family-friendly comedy that focuses on five kids in a school that appear to be…

Hettinger’s Airport Takes Off

Mason DeFoe Student Report Almost one hundred years ago, Hettinger’s airport was a place only a few people would be at on a regular basis. However, this started to change…

A Home Front Miracle

“One front and one battle where everyone in the United States – every man, woman, and child is in action. That front is right here at home, in our daily…

SAE Projects with goats

Tatum Fitch For the Record My SAE (Supervised Agriculture Education) is Goat Production and showing goats. It started out with a Pygmy goat and now I have 8 yearlings does…

DWB announces promotions

Ron Palczewski, President & CEO of Dakota Western Bank, announces employee promotions effective January 1, 2019.  Leann White has been promoted to Vice President and Market President of the Bowman-North…

Hettinger FFA students compete

Miami Pekas FFA Chapter Reporter This past weekend, Hettinger FFA had four amazing students compete in Ag sales and Agronomy Contests at the Roughrider Contest in Dickinson.  Michelle Witt placed…

Elevator Destroyed by Fire

Seth Folske Student Report On September 4, 1913, at about five o’clock a.m. the Hettinger Elevator had a fire causing 45,000 dollars of damage. The fire started in the engine…

Hettinger; a Haven

Rachel Holzkamm Student Report When I was a child, in the summer my family and I would go on a small vacation if time and money permitted. We would briefly…

Economy Changes

Sidra Sadowsky Student Report Hettinger’s economy has changed dramatically over the years. Through tough and good times, Hettinger has held firm throughout the years. Businesses come and go, and the…